Wednesday, March 1, 2017

Word Count Wednesday

                                                        What am I working on?

     Instead of just letting miscellaneous ideas flicker on and off in my head, I finally sat down today and wrote these flashes of thought down as they came. It was a good exercise for me! Writing them down made me think about these ideas a little more seriously.
     Most of what I wrote (which isn't very much) is set in another world, probably in it's middle-ages. I'm not sure how to describe what it's about in a way that would make sense because a lot of things are still not solidified. I might post pieces of it later.

                                                 How do I feel about the process?

     For once I have a storyline, and I'm actually excited about the premise! When I take the time to just write, it's surprisingly easy to create scenes for this story. The scenes are rough, and I'm still trying to figure out the style of speech, but I feel like it will come together soon enough.

                                                          What am I reading?

     I haven't finished the Tolkien or Montgomery books ("the Two Towers" and "Pat of Silver Bush"), but I've added another book into the mix:

     "A Swiftly Tilting Planet" by Madeleine L'Engle

     This is book #3 in a series that starts with "A Wrinkle in Time."


Total word count: 100ish

1 comment:

  1. It's always nice (and rare) to hear that scene creation is coming along easily. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete