Wednesday, April 12, 2017

Word Countless Wednesday

     Last week I didn't post a thing, and I'm pretty sure that was because I was daunted by the actual word count portion of these posts. As I've said, a lot of my writing is done by hand so it kind of makes word counting hard. Hence, the "Word Countless Wednesday."

                                                            What am I working on?

     I've been dabbling with two very different stories. One is about the so-called heartless Kent Higgins and a family crisis involving his little sister Jenny, who had a bad accident with one of the family-owned horses.
     The other story is about way too many things. I'm considering separating some of it's side plots into further books of the same series.
     Or not.
     I don't know.
     The main idea is that, on anther planet, three countries are faced with the possibility of war as they are discovered by a fourth power-seeking country, and they would call upon their king for help except that... they're not exactly sure he exists.
                                                   
      That is REALLY nut-shelling it!



                                                   How do I feel about the process?

     There's so much going on in this story, so much to each of the three countries, so many details about different creatures and plants, so much to the history of the characters that... I'm excited! But also overwhelmed (I know that's a sentence fragment).

                                                             What am I reading?

     As far as novels go, nothing new.
I have been reading over some ancient drafts I wrote of the second story mentioned.






I'll post a map of a constellation in a bit. It'll explain part of what I mean when I say there's way too much going on in this story.


No comments:

Post a Comment