Thursday, May 4, 2017

Thursday Thoughts

                                                          What am I working on?

     Kent Higgins keeps showing up on the doorstep of my imagination. I think he wants me to write his story. The thing is, I have a hard time figuring out what era my stories are set in. Something tells me this one will be in the early nineteen hundreds... again. For whatever reason, I have a hard time liking my characters when they're set in modern times. I don't know, maybe this one will be a little more modern, we'll see.
     Yesterday I finished writing a short play. That was actually pretty fun! I wasn't sure how that would go since dialogue has never really been my strong point, but it didn't take me very long to get about five pages done - in fact I think it was only a couple hours to complete it from start to finish.

                                                 How do I feel about the process?

     I've been able to come up with ideas for things to write about, but the challenge this week has been finding the time to write out these ideas.

     Isn't that always it? "I just don't have time." It all comes down to priorities, really. And deadlines. Ha... ha...

Total Word Count: about 1,000

No comments:

Post a Comment